Monday, June 15, 2009

Making Money Online, Sex, Brangelina and Making Friends With Google

Mel Gibson's girlfriend is pregnant! The most recent "Dancing with the Stars" update rests above the article about Pakistan's nuclear capability on MSNBC.com. Paris Hilton wanted to be like Princess Diana (while alive, I presume) until her infamous tape "ruined" her life ambitions. Twitter wants to make money without advertising.

I built my first website 15 years ago. It was primitive and served no more purpose than an online version of a yellow pages ad. I began my first e-commerce site over 8 years ago and made money for my boss. I started my first blog three years ago and it served no purpose other than to kill time. I started hubpages about 10 hours ago and I am combining my knack for time killing with my desire to collect nickels. The one constant over this time appears to be the internet's insatiable appetite for gossip, sex, and ideas for making money for doing virtually nothing online. Just peruse the Google ads on this post that are based on "content relevance".

Has society really come to this or has it always been this way without a suitable method for homogenizing it for the masses?

It is a shame that a provocative picture of Megan Fox would generate more traffic to this hub than an editorial articulating the obvious dichotomy between our outward projected image and our inward reality. We all want a Victoria's Secret model with limited access to wardrobe for a wife while we sit in front of our laptop watching our Adsense account accrue daily wealth for our fifteen minutes of semi-coherent ranting about the state of the world.

If we can't have that, then we'll all simply join hubpages.com and fantasize in silent frustration.
Ever seen the movie "Idiocrasy"? It is rated R for language and sex-related humor. Sounds like it should have been the most popular movie of all-time. Of course, even "Titanic" had a nude scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment